CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Stone Temple Pilots
















My niece Amanda and I are DIE HARD Stone Temple Pilot fans. They broke up in 2001. A couple of years ago our converstion went like this:

Amanda: Hey Mom, if STP ever got back together would you take me to see them?

Mom (Lisa): No, are you crazy!? I'm not going to promise you that, you never know where that will be.

Amanda: Aunt Chris, you love them, will you take me to see them if they get back together?

Me: Of course, their first show, we will go.

Amanda: Anywhere?

Me: Anywhere!

Amanda: Oh thank you Aunt Chris!!!

Me: No problem (but secretly sweating bullets thinking of the airline ticket to Tokyo)

Well, as luck would have it, STP did reunite and their first show was at Rock on the Range in Columbus, Ohio. David, Sam, Amanda and I were so there.














David's brother Patrick lives in Columbus, so we were able to come in a day early and spend time with him and his boyfriend, Scott. We ate at a lot of great restaurants and we shopped at every store in Columbus. We were also able to see my favorite person in the world (or F.P.I.T.W. for short), Jennifer Arbuckle. She worked at Disney with us and has since moved to Columbus. She's awesome!!!


Sam and Amanda waited patiently, we thought they would never come out!!



































Set List-


Big Empty


Wicked Garden


Big Bang Baby


Vasoline


Lady Picture Show


Lounge Fly


Crackerman


Sour Girl


Creep


Plush


Interstate Love Song


Coma Down


All In The Suit That You Wear


Sex Type Thing Trippin' On A Hole In A Paper Heart


Encore:Dead and Bloated




They were so awesome! It was everything we could have hoped for and more. Amanda and I were tempted to follow them to their next stop.

0 comments: